Merchant of Tennis is a tennis retail shop that brings personal professional tennis service to a larger market. It specializes in tennis racquets, shoes, clothing, bags, and tennis balls. The company has two stores located at 1621 Bayview Ave, Toronto, ON M4G 3B5 and Olde Oakville Marketplace 361 Cornwall Oakville, Ontario L6J 7Z5 and has a growing online presence.
The Merchant of Tennis’ dynamic team has provided unsurpassed stringing service for Rafael Nadal, Maria Sharapova and the many tour pros who were entered in The Rogers Cup and is among top providers of stringing in Canada.
The Merchant of Tennis is also a preferred retailer of the Ontario Tennis Association and has sponsored Team Ontario for 10 years. The company also supports the Toronto Tennis Junior League and has an ongoing partnership with the Doug Philpott Inner City Children’s Tennis Fund which provides free tennis camps to over 5,000 kids each and every year.
Job Title: Part-Time Customer Service Associate
Location: Oakville + Toronto
Hours: Part-Time (15-30 hours per week), including evenings and weekends as per store hours
Reports to: Store Manager
Compensation: Hourly wage based on experience
We are currently looking for a part-time customer service associate for our Oakville and Toronto location. To apply to this position, please send a current copy of your resume and a brief description of why you think that you would be a good fit for the position. Preference will be given to those applicants with previous retail experience.
- Assist clients with their purchases by providing exemplary customer service
- Efficiently and accurately cash clients out for their purchases
- Stock and merchandise product
- Answer phone and email inquiries
- General cleaning and organizing of work space
- Book in racquets for stringing and book out racquets for demoing
- Service racquets (training will be provided)
- Passion for the sport of tennis
- Ability to provide great customer service
- Positive and friendly demeanor
- Able to multi task
- Strong computer skill with the experience using Microsoft Excel
- Committed to keep up to date with industry and product knowledge
- Must be a team player who excels in building trusting relationships