This full-time position will be responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operations of our Oakville retail location and support both the Retail Manager and Racquet Services Manager. This role will also oversee the training and development of our retail staff ensuring our high standards of customer service are achieved.
- Assist in the management of the day-to-day retail operations of the Oakville store in all product areas and ensure all store processes are executed effectively
- Be a role model for staff in the area of customer service orientation by proactively engaging with clients, working in partnership with clients to solve their problems and address difficulties before they escalate
- Able to effectively coach and train staff in the areas of racquets, apparel, footwear and accessories and enable them to easily educate clients and increase overall sales
- Assist the Racquet Services Manager with stringing racquets, racquet customization and ensure both individual and team productivity and quality standards are met consistently
- Collaboratively work with the Oakville Retail Manager, Racquet Services Manager and all Managers across all areas of the business
- Assist the Marketing department with service-related programs and promotions
- Experience working in a retail environment and a customer service-oriented approach
- Previous experience leading, coaching and motivating a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a specific focus on effective communication – listening, understanding and responding, conflict management and resolution, teamwork oriented and a positive attitude
- A passion for the game of tennis that can be easily conveyed to clients and staff
- Experience working with Microsoft excel, word, publisher and a point of sales system
- Must be able to thrive in a fast paced and very deadline driven environment
- Must possess great attention to detail
Apply now: If your skills, knowledge, and experience are as mentioned above, please apply with your resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop your application in person at one of our locations. We will only contact short-listed candidates.