The 7th generation of EZONE racquets from Yonex are here with improved power and feel! The EZONE 98L is a softer-feeling players racquet suitable for intermediate to advanced players looking to dominate with controllable power and comfort. The EZONE 98L is easier to handle than the heavier 98.
At 98 square inches, the slighty smaller than average head size will provide a higher degree of control due to its more controllable sweet spot with a slight reduction of the trampoline effect. Its open string pattern should allow players easier access to spin and power. The weight, being an average 10.1 ounces unstrung, will provide players with a balance of manoeuvrability and stability for an easier swinging experience that will still stand up to bigger shots. The balance is slightly head heavy which assists in maintaining stability and power for this weight class. The racquet's flexibility is average which should provide a blend of stability and feel.
On the technology side, for the 7th generation of EZONEs, Yonex has implemented 2G-Namd material technology for improved energy transfer through the frame for a higher degree of "snapback" which brings easier access to its power. Yonex has also slightly increased the beam width to improve on stability and feel.
This version of the EZONE 98L is great option for those looking for a player's frame with a forgiving feel with an easier swinging experience. The control achieved with this frame is exceptional and paired with the improved plush feel and Yonex's quality of design should mean this will be a popular frame and easy recommendation!
- Head Size: 98 sq. inches / 632 sq. cm
- Length: 27 inches / 68.58 cm
- Weight: 10.1 oz / 285 g unstrung
- Balance: 2pts Head Heavy / 330mm unstrung
- Swing Weight: 310 strung
- Beam width: 23.5mm / 24.5mm / 19.5mm
- Flex: 65
- Tension Range: 40-55 lbs / 18-25 kg
- String Pattern: 16/19
- Style #: 07EZ98L
- ISOMETRIC - 7% LARGER SWEET SPOT: Developed over 30 years ago, the ISOMETRIC™ design increases the sweet spot by 7%. Compared to a conventional round frame, a square-shaped ISOMETRIC™ racquet generates a larger sweet spot by optimizing the intersection of the main and cross strings. ISOMETRIC™ technology delivers greater control without sacrificing power.
- LINER TECH - For Improved Power and Comfort: Straight hole grommets elongate the strings to optimize power and comfort on off-center shots.
- O.P.S (Oval Pressed Shaft): First introduced in 1969 with the T-7000 - our first aluminum tennis racquet - the Oval Pressed Shaft (OPS) is still incorporated into our most popular racquet series today. The Oval Pressed Shaft is designed to give players more spin, control, and feel. The shaft flexes at impact, increasing dwell time and minimizing vibrations.
- Vibration Dampening Mesh (VDM): First used in our snowboards to reduce vibrations at impact, Vibration Dampening Mesh (VDM) is now used in four of our racquet series. VDM is a stretchy mesh material that is wrapped around the graphite within the grip to filter unwanted vibrations and improve touch and precision.
- 2G-Namd Speed - IMPROVED FEEL AND BALL SPEED: A high modulus graphite fibers are bound with a carbon nanotube (CNT) structure, reducing energy loss, which enables to transfer the energy into quick snapback.
- AERO SHAPE DESIGN - FOR A PLUSH FEEL: An inverted frame design with a thinner frame face results in a softer racquet.
- SHAFT DESIGN - FOR IMPROVED S TABILITY AND POWER: A thicker shaft structure with a convex design reduces unwanted racquet torque on off-centered shots for added power.
Photos used contain images of strings for illustration purposes. Adult tennis racquets are unstrung unless otherwise noted or stringing services have been selected above. Brand logo stencils are not applied by default with stringing services. If you request brand logo stencils, please note that a stencil is painted onto the strings within a brand's stencil and may wear off over time - this is how stencils are applied on tour. Depending on the string you select, the stencil paint application fullness, colour and visibility may vary.
Adult racquets generally do not come with covers. To protect your racquet, we recommend getting a racquet bag.
Product specs such as weight may vary slightly from racquet to racquet to what is advertised due to the manufacturing process.
Adult Racquets Sizing Information
To determine your grip size without using a racquet, measure from the tip of your ring finger to the major fold crease in your palm. Write down the distance to the nearest 8th of an inch. This is your standard grip size.
If you fall somewhere between the measurements, it is recommended to choose the smaller grip size as you can always build the grip size up using an overgrip (for a slight increase) or a grip build-up sleeve (for a half or full size increase). The grip measurements above factor in the pre-installed factory grip.
For more information, please read our article: How To Select Your Grip Size
This item has a dimensional weight of 1.0 kg per unit of quantity. Also known as volumetric weight, this is an estimated weight that is calculated from the length, width, height and actual weight of a package. It also takes into consideration oversize/fuel surcharges. It is not representative of the actual weight of a package. We use this estimated weight as the basis to our shipping rate calculations.
View more shipping information
Each item has a certain set of prerequisites that must all be met in order to return said item.
The plastic wrap on the racquet/paddle handle and any other protective pieces such as header cards have not been removed.
The tennis, badminton or squash racquet has not been strung.
Tennis, badminton or squash racquets ordered with stringing services added cannot be cancelled/refunded once the racquet has been strung regardless of shipping status.
Regular priced items may be returned within 7 days of possession (delivery) of your purchased product for a refund or within 30 days for an exchange.
Sale items (discounted less than 40%) may be exchanged only for store credit or our gift card within 30 days.
No refunds or exchanges on Clearance Items (discounted 40% or more), strung racquets, water bottles, undergarments, worn or damaged product, opened massage devices and gift cards.
Customers are responsible for shipping fees on return shipments for refund or exchange. Most exchanged shipments can be shipped back to the customer at no extra cost. Return shipping must be a pre-paid, traceable method to ensure safe delivery.
More conditions may apply: view our full return policy