After 10 years of research, testing, and working with key actors of the tennis community, Babolat introduces the next new innovation to the market. The connected racquet - Babolat Play - allows all types of players to live a unique experience based on progression, fun and sharing.
The Babolat Play Pure Drive 2015 looks like a regular racquet on the outside. However, sensors allow players to have access to and track a lot of information: power, impact locator, type and number of strokes (forehand, backhand, serve and overhead smash). The integrated connected design features sensors built into the handle of the racquets with two buttons and a USB port inside the butt cap - all without changing the playability, feel, weight, or balance of the racquet, as compared to the Babolat Pure Drive 2015.
- Analyze your game - Know more about your game to better perform. Analyze all aspects of your game: your style, new skills, when your backhand is getting better, when you break a personal record or even an international one.
- Follow your evolution - Track the progression of your game. Get an easy and detailed overview of your development by clicking on your past sessions to see where you were, and how you have improved.
- Improve your skills - Get an easy look into which strokes you often use, and which ones you haven't implemented into your game. Vary and improve your style to unlock new "Skills" and get to the next level.
- Check your pulse - Get an overview of your tennis game with "Pulse": a dynamic interface that changes according to the power, the technique and the endurance of your game. "Pulse" changes according to your game improvement and motivates you to play more.
- Compare your performance - Compare your performance to the rest of the Babolat Play community. Compare your "Pulse" and other data to a friend's on a one-to-one level.
- Headsize: 100 sq. inches
- Length: 27 inches
- Weight: 10.6 oz. unstrung
- Balance: 7 pts head light unstrung
- Tension Range: 55-62 lbs
- String Pattern: 16/19
Redefined Sweet Spot:
Based on data from 2012-2013 Babolat Play recordings, it was identified that the impact zone is higher than the racquet's traditional centre. All 2015 Babolat Pure Drive frames have been re-designed to reflect the true impact zone with a redefined sweet spot.
Frame String Interaction (FSI) Technology:
FSI provides a tighter stringing pattern in the sweet spot and works with the optimized Woofer System to allow for better control and feel of the ball.
The elliptical frame shape offers high resistance to twisting and bending for optimal power.
A CDS (Cortex Dampening System) interface that supplies useful information to the player. By strategically placing the cortex between the handle and throat of the racquet, this "Smart Vibration Dampening" system distinguishes between the good and bad vibrations. This allows for greater feel and control upon each strike.
The first and most effective frame-string link system: a longer ball-string contact time for greater control and a sensation of comfort.