The racquet revolution has come with the Clash series from Wilson. An innovative new way of creating racquets that combine seemingly impossible features of the game into one package. With the success of the 100 and Tour models, Wilson has launched three more frames in the Clash family.
Precision combined with the smooth feel that the Clash series offers. This racquet maintains everything that makes the Clash 100 popular. The very head light balance makes it extremely maneuverable and the low stiffness index means that the frame is very flexible which means the racquet is very arm friendly. These features usually make a racquet underpowered compared to competitors but with the Clash we know this is a different story, the advanced Carbon Mapping and StableSmart technology allow the racquet to only flex where necessary on ball impact, keeping it rigid and powerful during contact. The purpose behind all the technology is to increase dwell time on the stringbed, thus enabling the player to control and place the ball more effectively. The Clash 98 will require players to have a longer and faster swing than someone who would use the lighter and larger head sized Clash racquets but will reward you with better control than the other models.
Wilson has found a way to combine power and control, agility and feel, and maximum comfort into a series of racquets like no others. Feedback on the 100 and Tour has been overwhelmingly positive and we’re excited to help bring the Clash series to a wider player base as the revolution continues!
- Head Size: 98 sq. inches / 632 sq. cm
- Length: 27 inches / 68.58 cm
- Weight: 10.9 oz / 310 g unstrung
- Balance: 11 pts head light / 306mm unstrung
- Swing Weight: 325
- Beam width: 24mm / 24mm / 24mm
- Flex: 56
- Tension Range: 48-58 lbs / 22-26 kg
- String Pattern: 16/19
- Year Introduced: 2019
- Super head-light balance reduces swing weight and amplifies control of the head through the swing
- Powered by proprietary carbon mapping, FreeFlex allows the frame to bend in all-new dimensions for maximum ball pocketing and ultimate control. FreeFlex is a revolutionary technology that makes Clash the world's first racquet intentionally engineered to bend with any swing style. Traditional horizontal strokes and modern vertical ones are enhanced through proprietary carbon mapping, allowing players to swing freely and confidently with maximum ball pocketing and control.
StableSmart is a unique frame geometry, designed through digital simulation that provides best-in-class stability and power for the most flexible frame in tennis.
- Parallel Drilling provides a consistent, more forgiving string bed response
- Uncontaminated design features clean lines, bold color accents and elastic finish of current Wilson performance racket design DNA
Dimensional Weight: 1.0 kg
Dimensional weight, also known as volumetric weight, is an estimated weight that is calculated from the length, width, height and actual weight of a package. It also takes into consideration oversize/fuel surcharges. It is not representative of the actual weight of a package. We use this estimated weight as the basis to our shipping rate calculations.
View shipping information