This full-time position will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of our Toronto retail location and work cohesively with the Racquet Services Manager. This role will oversee the training and development of our retail staff ensuring our high standards of customer service are achieved. The successful candidate must be able to thrive in a very fast paced and physically demanding environment especially during our seasonally busy Spring, Summer and Fall months.
- Manage the day-to-day retail operations of the Toronto (Bayview) store in all product areas and ensure all store processes are executed effectively
- Be a role model for staff by proactively engaging with clients, working in partnership with clients to solve their problems and address difficulties before they escalate. When necessary, effectively de-escalate customer concerns and work with them to achieve a compromise and/or solution.
- Able to effectively coach and train staff in the areas of racquets, apparel, footwear and accessories and enable them to easily educate clients and increase overall sales.
- Assist the Racquet Services Manager with stringing racquets, racquet customization and ensure both individual and team productivity and quality standards are met consistently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a specific focus on effective communication – listening, understanding and responding, conflict management and resolution, teamwork oriented and a positive attitude.
- Collaboratively work with the Racquet Services Manager, E-Commerce Manager, Oakville Retail Manager and all Managers across all areas of the business.
- Assist the Marketing department with service-related programs and promotions.
- 3+ years experience managing in a retail environment
- Previous experience leading, coaching and motivating a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a specific focus on effective communication – listening, understanding and responding, conflict management and resolution, teamwork oriented, a positive and customer service-oriented attitude
- A passion for the game of tennis that can be easily conveyed to clients and staff
- Experience working with Microsoft excel, word, publisher and a point of sales system
- Must possess great attention to detail
Apply now: If your skills, knowledge, and experience are as mentioned above, please apply with your resume via e-mail to email@example.com, or drop your application in person at one of our locations. We will only contact short-listed candidates.