Merchant of Tennis is a premier tennis retailer in the Toronto area that brings personal & professional tennis service to a large market. We are based out of Leaside in Toronto and currently sell business to consumer through our eCommerce and store locations. Our flagship store opened in April 1992 on Bayview Avenue in Toronto. The second location opened its doors in Oakville, Ontario in 1998. In 2006 we eagerly launched http://www.merchantoftennis.com to cater to our online clientele from North America and around the world.
This full-time position will be responsible for leading the team of racquet service technicians across all our locations and continue to deliver our world class level of stringing and racquet services. This role will also manage inventory and assist in the buying process of all string and racquet service categories.
- Manage the day-to-day retail operations of the Racquet Services department. This includes the Toronto and Oakville stores, E-commerce Stringing Centre and flexible to work in all locations
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a specific focus on effective communication – listening, understanding and responding, conflict management and resolution, teamwork oriented and a positive attitude
- Able to effectively coach and train racquet service technicians in string and racquet service categories and enable them to easily educate clients and increase overall sales
- Ensure both individual and team productivity and quality standards are met consistently
- Collaboratively work with the Inventory Manager and store Managers to ensure string and racquet service inventory is consistently available across all locations
- Oversee racquet service technician schedules and work volume across all locations to ensure we meet guaranteed turnaround timelines for client racquet service requests
- Able to perform and train racquet customization techniques
- Maintain all stringing machines and equipment and work with suppliers as needed
- Provide informative and engaging technical content and stories for website, blogs and social media
- Manage company racquet demo program across all locations
- Maintain racquet services and demo racquet customer databases
- Assist the Marketing department with service-related programs and promotions
- Expert product and technical knowledge in relevant racquet service techniques and racquet customization procedures
- Vast knowledge of racquet string types and racquet services product
- Knowledge of different racquet brands including current and past racquet and string technologies
- Experience working in a retail environment and a customer service-oriented approach in dealing with clients
- Previous experience leading, coaching and motivating a team
- Experience working with Microsoft excel, word, publisher and a point of sales system
- Must be able to thrive in a fast paced and very deadline driven environment
- Must possess great attention to detail
Apply now: If your skills, knowledge, and experience are as mentioned above, please apply with your resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop your application in person at one of our locations. We will only contact short-listed candidates.